As of Monday 23rd March 2020, schools are closed to most pupils.
The government have asked that schools offer childcare for the most vulnerable young people and the children of key workers. To assist us with this, it is necessary to understand possible numbers of pupils. Pupils will either have:
- both parents employed in key worker jobs or
- in the case of single-parent families, one parent employed in a key worker job
This will allow key workers to help their local communities.
Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care. Many parents working in key worker sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. And every child who can be safely cared for at home should be. Follow these principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed on the form, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for childcare.
We are not allowed to take children from families that do not qualify as the process of school closure is an attempt to reduce and contain the spread of the virus. We can only take children of key workers when they are in work. If the key worker is at home then their child should be at home with them. Failure to follow these instructions could lead to an escalation of current events and a complete loss of this service to those who truly require it.
Parents that believe they qualify and would like a pupil place need to complete the attached form or come to the school office to fill in a form. All forms will be reviewed and judged on a case by case basis. No child should attend school without conformation from us that they qualify for a place. Please note that school will be open 8:45am-3:20pm as normal.
If you are not a qualifying key worker family as above, school will be closed to your child(ren).
To see all of this information and the form to complete, please see the attached letter or download it from the Downloads area on our website.
Thank you for your support in this matter. We thank you for your patience in advance.