Who are the UK Safer Internet Centre?
The UK Safer Internet Centre is a partnership of three leading charities – Childnet International, Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) and the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL) - with a shared mission to make the internet a better place for children and young people.
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
· founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
· operates the UK’s hotline for reporting online criminal content
· develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing online environment
· delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children’s workforce
· shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.